Welcome to our blog! Today, we will be summarizing a Gartner podcast with Steve Rietberg, Gartner VP and analyst, who discussed the 2023 sales operations leadership vision and the power of comparative analytics in B2B sales. We will highlight the three key learnings from the podcast and illustrate how Aviso has implemented some of these concepts with its customers.
Three Key Learnings From The Podcast
1. The Evolving Talent Needs of Sales Operations:
Sales operations leaders face changes in talent needs, role design, and team sizing implications due to the rapidly changing sales environment. As sales operations change rapidly, it is crucial to adapt to the evolving talent needs. With the prevalence of AI and low code/no code interfaces, specialized tech skills will become less critical in the future, but STEM candidates will still be needed. Sales operations leaders must also adapt to the changing landscape by improving the data literacy of their internal customers, ensuring that their organizations can make sense of analytics and draw their own insights.
2. Data-Driven Decision-Making:
Improving data literacy is essential for B2B sales operations' success. To achieve this, sales operations should take the lead in improving their internal customers' understanding of analytics and insights. This will allow organizations to make better data-driven decisions, leading to increased value from sales analytics.
3. Comparative Performance Metrics:
Businesses often wonder which metrics to use for assessing seller or team performance. However, choosing the right metrics is only the first step. Organizations must be deliberate about interpreting and presenting those analytics to enable data-driven decision-making. To do this, leaders must define productivity based on the specific roles in question and understand what activities truly drive success, backed by data.
By using comparative analytics, leaders can:
- Coach sellers with more specificity and precision, offering tailored guidance based on their performance.
- Objectively prioritize sales enablement and operations efforts, using data to make informed investment and planning decisions.
How Aviso’s Revenue Intelligence Platform Can Empower Sales Success
Aviso's AI-driven platform is in sync with these insights, providing solutions that enable businesses to enhance their sales processes and attain higher success. Aviso's inclusion in Gartner's 2023 Market Guide for Revenue Intelligence serves as a testament to this. As the report mentions, Aviso's revenue intelligence platform acts as a “single pane of glass” for GTM teams that helps businesses increase their revenue by providing data-driven insights into customer behavior, sales performance, and market trends.
- Aviso simplifies the data landscape for sales operations teams and enables them to derive meaningful insights more efficiently. The platform uses machine learning algorithms and AI models to analyze complex data sets, identify patterns and trends, and generate actionable insights. This helps sales operations teams understand the factors driving sales performance and make well-informed decisions to boost results.
- Aviso leverages state-of-the-art deep learning models to generate coaching insights that help sales managers build a sales coaching culture that wins quarter after quarter. By providing a comprehensive set of conversational intelligence metrics after every call, Aviso enables managers to monitor their reps' performance against various benchmarks in comparison to other team members. This continuous feedback loop ensures sales reps receive targeted guidance to achieve stellar performance.