1. Our Policy
2. What Information We May Collect?
When you interact with our Products, we collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”).
Described below are situations in which Personal Data is collected and the purposes for which it is collected. “Personal Data” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, credit or debit card number, title, information generated from use of our Products, and other information required to provide a Product, deliver a product, or carry out a transaction you have requested. Some of the reasons we collect your Personal Data may include:
- account registration
- use of certain Product features
- generating reports based on information collected from use of our Products
- requesting service and support for our Products and providing such support
- placing transactions or orders
- registering to attend a seminar or webinar
- participating in an online survey
- submitting an entry for a sweepstakes or other promotion
- billing and collecting payments for our Products
- participating in discussion groups or forums
- registering for membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
- customizing the advertising and content you see
3. How Is Such Information Used?
- To process your orders and deliver the products and Products that you have ordered.
- To provide reports based on information collected from use of our Products.
- To keep you up to date on the latest Product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information, provided that you can edit your marketing preferences at any time as described below.
- To provide support and assistance for our products and Products.
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- To provide customer feedback and support.
- To provide contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional activities on the Aviso.com or affiliate websites. Personal Data may be collected to administer those programs.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To support recruitment inquiries.
To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
- To provide information on your request to another individual such as a friend or co-worker.
- To meet contract obligations.
If you are a EU citizen, please see the “European Union (EU) Users” section below regarding information on your rights under applicable European Union (“EU”) law.
4. Accessing and Updating your Personal Data
If you believe Aviso is in possession of your Personal Data that you want modified or deleted, you may contact us using one of the methods specified in the section “Contacting Aviso” below. We may need to retain some Personal Data for the period of time necessary for legal proceedings, legal requirements or for settling your account.
5. Unsubscribing and Opting Out
Each promotional email from Aviso or from third parties to whom Aviso has given your email address with your consent includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that category of mailing or from receiving email from that third party.
You may also unsubscribe from Aviso’s promotional emails through our website or by sending an email, including your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions regarding your disclosure choices and Aviso’s policies regarding receipt of promotional email, you may contact Aviso using one of the methods specified in the section “Contacting Aviso” below.
6. Non-Personal and Anonymous Data Collection
In some instances, Aviso may collect Non-Personal Data (e.g. aggregate or demographic) through cookies, web logs, and web beacons. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website. Please read the “Cookies” section below for more information.
In addition, by using some of our Products, anonymous network information may be transmitted back to us such as Product usage information. This information is transmitted back to us, so we can determine how users are interacting with our Products, to assist us with improving our Products, and to correct any problems that may occur.
7. Sharing your Personal Data
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We may share your Personal Data within Aviso and its affiliated companies and with third party service providers for purposes of data processing or storage in relation to providing Products you contract with us.
We may also share your Personal Data with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested Product or transaction, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Data necessary to service the requested Product or transaction. The third parties are not permitted to use your Personal Data except for limited purpose of completing or providing the requested Product or transaction as directed by us.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your Personal Data and other related information, if necessary. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We may collect and possibly share Personal Data and any other additional information available to us in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Aviso’s terms of service, or as otherwise required by law.
We will ask for your consent before we use or share your information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise provided by this policy. In order to let us know your preferences, we will require an action on your part, such as checking the appropriate option, to indicate your consent.
8. Security of Your Personal Data
Aviso is committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. We take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data in our possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. These industry standards include appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the security of Personal Data, and are supported by service organization controls that are audited annually by third party auditors under the SSAE 16 / SOC framework.
When we transfer credit card information over the Internet, we protect it using Transport Layer Security (TLS), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is, however, 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Like many websites, Aviso uses technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, which allow us to make your visit to our website easier, more efficient and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
A cookie cannot read personal data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites; indeed, the only Personal Data a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. Accepting the cookies used on our website may give us access to information about your browsing behavior, which we may use to personalize your experience and track user traffic patterns, and to merge this information when you register. We do this in order to determine the usefulness of our website information to our users and to see how effective our navigational structure is in helping users reach that information. You may browse most of Aviso’s website without accepting cookies from Aviso. However, some website functionality may be lost by disabling cookies on your computer. Other Aviso web pages, particularly those which require a login and password, require cookies and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
In addition, Aviso uses web beacons in conjunction with cookies to understand user behavior. Web beacons are simply a convenient way of gathering basic statistics and managing cookies, and do not give away any extra information from your computer. Turning off your browser’s cookies will prevent web beacons from tracking your specific activity.
If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website or via HTML-formatted emails, you can set your browser to warn you before it accepts cookies or refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser. You may browse most of the Aviso website without accepting cookies; however, some website functionality may be lost by disabling cookies on your computer. Other Aviso web pages, particularly those which require a login and password, require cookies and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser. For additional information about cookies and other tracking technologies, including instructions for blocking their use, see https://aboutcookies.org/.
10. Linked Websites and Third Party Services
Our websites and services may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We recommend you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.
11. Children’s Privacy
Aviso does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Aviso encourages parents and guardians to go online with their children. Here are a few tips to help make a child’s online experience safer:
- Teach children never to give Personal Data (such as name, address, phone number, school, etc.) unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult.
- Know the sites your children are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for website privacy policies. Know how your child’s information is treated.
Please visit the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website for more tips on protecting children’s privacy online.
12. Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Data
13. European Union (EU) Users
Scope. If you are an EU citizen, this section provides information on your rights under EU law (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
Data Controller. Aviso is the data controller for your Personal Data. To find out our contact details, please see the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Rights. Subject to EU law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data, so you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to erase your Personal Data in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we shared your data with others, we will alert them to the need for erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with, so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you where we process that Personal Data in an automated way. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest (described under the “How is Such Information Used” section above) to process your Personal Data—unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data, including profiling, unless this is necessary in relation to a contract between you and us or you provide your explicit consent to this use.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may contact us to exercise your rights using one of the methods specified in the Section “Contacting Aviso” below.
15. Contacting Aviso
ATTN: Privacy Officer
805 Veterans Blvd, Suite 300
Redwood City, CA 94063
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond and address any questions or concerns.
Last update: October 3, 2018
Work With Us